Friday, April 22, 2011

Did you know?



Setting: Friday morning, 6:38 a.m. Ben lies in bed fast asleep, having snoozed his alarm twice already. Henry runs in, fully dressed and ready for the day.

Henry (tugging Ben's arm, in an excited whisper): Dad, did you know that hawks eat scarlet macaws?
Ben: What?
Henry: Did you know that hawks eat scarlet macaws?
Ben (still quite groggy): Oxen eat scarlet macaws?
Henry (laughing): No! Hawks eat scarlet macaws! Birds eating birds!
Ben: Wow, that's crazy.
Henry: Okay, I'm going back downstairs!

Henry runs off to continue reading his latest library book. Ben quickly falls back asleep for 5 more precious minutes.

When was the last time you learned something so cool that you absolutely couldn't wait to tell someone? I love watching him discover learning!

4 comments:

julietcs said...

All I can say is you have one smart kid! I read some of your other posts and discovered you had another baby. Congratulations on your little Samuel. He is as cute as your other boys. I loved your art work and you and Ben are very good parents and I loved the makeovers your folks helped you with! I had a second just now and thought, I'll see how Ben and Jenn are doing, and now I know! Thanks.

julietcs said...

Life in Cambodia is Juliet Smedley by the way!

Sierra Parke said...

Hi Jenn! What a smarty pants you have there!! I love it too when they learn something new and just can't wait to share it with you. He is a cutie and I can't wait to meet you and your family. We fly back there June 7th...can't wait:)

Paul and Shug said...

You guys should call him Doogie. You know, like Doogie Houser, MD.