Meet Sam, King of the House today! He chose to have his breakfast (Apple Jacks) in the jogging stroller. #samkingofthehouse #oneboytorulethemall #andanolderbrotherwithpowerissues #worstdayeverforellis
The King's activity of choice: sprinkler time with the brothers! He requested to wear "only my feet" today, meaning no shoes or socks. #samkingofthehouse
The Coughrans win the prize for being our first visitors! They have a wedding in the area and get to stay with us for two nights. #bostonfriendsforever #iforeseeagamenight
Swim Camp = swim lessons for slacker moms who waited all summer and now need to knock out all the lessons in one week (or maybe two?) #bigblue #happyboys #firsttimeforellis
The School District's version of the RMV/DMV. We waited for 15 minutes before we heard a single number called. And the number she called was 6. #thiscouldtakeawhile #redtape #waitingwiththreekids
Not quite Russo's, but I think I may have found a new happy place. #thefreshmarketwilmette #theclassicalmusicgotme #nostalgicforrussos #beautifulfoodgavemechills #pricescouldbebetter
Happiness is . . . discovering neighbor kids (finally!), and - Ellis' dram come true - a water balloon fight! #happyday #thisissummer
Who knew we had so much music? Now we have a lovely little place to put it! #musiccabinet #aplaceforeverything #ilovetarget #threshold #livingroom
After six months of saving, begging, pleading, and eating cereal with milk, Henry and Ellis accumulated $150. Meet the world's newest, happiest, proudest Wii owners! #wiiconvert #neverwantedgaming #inmyhouse #embracingtheboy #happiestboys
Sam getting in on the action. #threecoaches #malebonding #wiiboxing
A new, slightly more tyrannical king. #elliskingofthehouse #naturalruler #chooseschildrensmuseum #andlotsofwii
The real question is, Lou Malnati's or Giordano's? #chicagotastetest #giordanosnexttime #thisplacehasitsperks #anditsownspeciesofpizza
Just finished this little BBC mini series, "Little Dorrit," and loved it! Think Dickens getting in touch with his inner Jane Austen. #littledorrit #charlesdickens #ilovebbc #andilovethatbenlovesbbc
So I'm pretty sure Ellis is in love with his swimming teacher. #littlebitflirty #cutestteacherever
Garbage truck knocked over this heavy basketball standard . . . right in the spot where I used to park our car. I started parking it 15 feet back last week. #tendermercy
Triathlete in training. Henry jogged with me this morning, then had swim lessons, then practiced his bike riding. I'm pretty proud of this boy who would normally rather stay inside and read. #bookwormturnedathlete
Tell me, friends, how long does it take to get used to wearing these things? I'm on my third day, and it feels like I'm chopping onions every time I wear them (and for hours afterward). And now I have a huge headache. Is this normal? #firstcontactsever #sensitiveeyes
Rainy day activity. #moneyboxes #woodburning #summervacationbucketlist #henrycraftoftheday
Me. Driving in downtown Chicago for the first time. And my heart rate only went up about 10 beats per minute, as opposed to 100 when I first drove in NYC eight years ago. #utahgirl #bigcitydriver #whoknew?
Still remembering last night's beignets. It was a lovely first date night in Chicago, courtesy of Kara and Dave. #grandluxcafe #graduationpresent
Wouldn't want to get labelled as the "normal" new kid. Second graders like kids who stand out . . . right? #firstday #backpackonhead #headpack?
One of the most awesome features of our house. #puppydoor
Since I didn't get a picture of my overturned shopping cart, I offer you a picture of the treat I used to console myself after a nightmarish trip to Trader Joe's. first, I trusted my stupid GPS and spent an extra 45 minutes in the car looking for a store that doesn't exist. And then after shopping and getting the kids buckled in, I backed up and tipped over the shopping cart I had forgotten to unload. Wish I had a picture of my watermelon rolling across the parking lot! #adayinthelife #worthitforthechocolate
Look who's having lunch with me! #lunchwithmom #amazingburgers #butcherandtheburger
Needless to say, I totally lost. #scrabblenight #undefeatablemom #scrabblelegend
One happy preschooler; one sad little brother at home. #brotherlylove #beingyoungestisrough
More and more lately, Ben is starting to remind me of a "real dad." #soccercoachpreview #takingthisseriously



























1 comment:
That is all so sweet. You guys are totally like a real family. I love that you have neighborhood kids now. Just last night someone recommended Little Dorrit to us. How crazy. I think we would like a taste-test of those pizzas!
Post a Comment