Latergrams: in which things get real wintry
Happy that if I have to live in a place where the temperature is 0 degrees with a windchill of -20, at least it's a place that's (wimpy?) reasonable enough to cancel school due to dangerous temperatures! We missed Monday and Tuesday for our trip, then school was canceled yesterday and today, so the boys haven't been to school since December 19th! #longestwinterbreak #pleasedaspunch #chiberia2015
It's hard to get through a meal conversation without pausing to check the calendar and update everyone on how soon his birthday is. #sevenweeksaway#samobirthdaycountdown
This one's for you, @meagriffin12 @mccallgriffin @friff14and @bgriffin1234 Sorry it took me a while to get it up there. I've been working on the chin for days...still didn't quite get it though. Might as well tag @katij42 and@jennyiverson as well, since I know they'll want to see this.
"It's okay, Mom. If you can't play with me, I'll just play War by myself." He played for me and ran in the kitchen with regular updates on how badly he was killing me.#sweetsam #boringmom
Now that the marathon Blurb day is well behind us, and the book is in my hands, totally worth it. I know there are more efficient ways to get Instagram photos printed, but we wanted to include lots of other photos, stories, and thoughts, which we have been putting in our blog, for the sole purpose of getting them in the book, eventually. Is there a better way?
"Dad, if I'm wearing this mask then no one can tell if I'm smiling or not." #skiutah #smilingeyes #deckedout
Ben took Henry and Ellis to Utah for a ski weekend, so I get this boy all to myself. He turns out to be a pretty fun buddy, and with no school drop-offs or pick-ups, we are feeling pretty free! #sheddaquarium
The boy who had a really fun day playing with girls (but doesn't want anybody to know about it). #samo@callieannhill
I think I get more tired skiing by myself because I don't get to rest while @captlogan picks himself up and clips his skis back on. #ormaybeimgettingolder #thisairisthin
It's miraculous how when Sam is the only child I have to take care of, I actually have time to play WITH him. A lot. We are both getting spoiled with a new nightly ritual of Old Maid...and Go Fish...and the matching game.#mysam #oneonone
According to "Frosty the Giant," (Sam's name for our snowman), it's okay to leave your Christmas decorations up through the end of January if you live in a winter wonderland. Luckily, most of our neighbors seem to agree! #samandthesnowman
Thanks, Frontier, for delaying our flight 5 hours. I've always wondered what O'hare looks like at 3:30 am.#sleepingonthefloor #waitingforbags
Somehow, we ended up reading Helaman 13:19 like a pirate this morning. Go ahead. Look it up. You know you want to. #bookofmormon #lessspiritual#moreentertaining
Bishop Warhol is calling the rest of the toys to repentance. #church
Just helping out these poor girls in the DC Comics character guide whose mothers didn't teach them how to dress properly. It's amazing what a Sharpie can do!#momofboys #annoyedthatihavetodothis#superheromodesty
He wasn't so sure about this at first, but he ended up skating on his own and doing really well! I thought he would be hanging on me the whole time, but he didn't need to, so I got to have a cute little girl hanging on me instead. #kindergartenfieldtrip #iceskating
Blizzard, snow forts, and happy time with the neighbor boys. Ben is a good boy for fasting (even though church was canceled) and shoveling lots and lots of snow while I stayed inside to make stew and bread. #blizzard #cozyday
20" of fresh powder, 0 degree slopes.#chicagowhyUsoflat? Also, somewhere buried in that snow was our one and only snow shovel, which the boys managed to leave out overnight while this blizzard dumped. Took me 15 minutes to find it.
Snow day = burying your brother in white stuff, then coming inside to discuss "what we would have been doing at school right now" over hot chocolate. #lazyday#noschool
Happy for a warmer day to enjoy all of our snow!#sledding #winterisfun
No comments:
Post a Comment