Friday, June 19, 2015

What it's like to live with these boys of mine

Almost every day, Sam-o comes up with many different combinations of costumes to accompany his play.  He usually asks us, "NOW what do I look like?"

Please come up with your own captions for these, to answer Sam's questions.




Usually in the afternoons, Sam and I get to do some sort of "Mommy School" activity.  He loves doing puzzles and letters and numbers.

Sometimes we get to have a special treat.

Sometimes Sam is sweet and picks flowers for me - really little ones!

Every night, I get to check out Henry's homework.  This was a special project - his "about me" poster.

I like his super-cool facts

...and his subtle references to a certain younger brother.  :)

Sometimes Henry practices his facial expressions on me - especially when I tell him it's time for bed.  
Sometimes I walk in the room and find something like this on the dining table...

...or something like this in the kitchen.  Thank you for the pencil holder, anonymous child!

Sometimes little people mess up the orientation of the computer screen, and I don't have time to figure out how to fix it (in this case, I just flipped the whole monitor on its side - quick fix!).

On weekends, these two always beg for pancakes, especially Star Wars pancakes that they can make with Dad.

And sometimes I get to chaperon school events like this 3rd grade mall scavenger hunt.

Man, kids are fun.  Chasing them around makes me tired.  And really, really happy.

2 comments:

Paul and Shug said...

That scene on the dining room table was intense. I love this everyday view into your life.

Brittany said...

I would like some pictures of your face when you're reacting to this stuff - particularly the orange pencil holder and the tiny army formation on your table :)