Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Clucking Practice


(Ben) Henry has recently made several breakthroughs in his communication skills. Jenn now posts Henry's "Word of the Day" on our chalkboard because he is literally learning at least one new word per day. He may not remember the new words the next day, but overall he has caught on to the concept of using language to communicate over the past couple of weeks. These new words are making our lives so much easier. For example, when Henry is full he now says "done" instead of throwing the rest of his food on the floor. Or, a couple of days ago I asked him to throw a wrapper he found in the garbage. He promptly walked over to the garbage and threw it right in! I couldn't believe it! Of course, he then proceeded to dig through the trash to find something else fun to play with. . .but at least he understood me, right?

Along with all of these words, I decided that it was time for Henry to learn some new animal sounds. Yesterday we started with clucking. Check out the video below. I'd say he's coming along pretty well. :)




Henry and Dad practice clucking on Vimeo

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video is worth watching just to see Ben cluck! Those are advanced animal sounds! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Katie on this one . . . the best thing about this video clip is listening to Ben cluck! He's good!! Mom Iverson

Anonymous said...

Hmm . . . i just realized that Henry's word of the days is "stab." Can you explain why you are teaching him that one???

Jenn said...

(Responding to Katie) So Henry's trying to learn how to eat with a fork, and it's still pretty hard for him. I taught him to pick up the mac & cheese with his fork by going, "stab, stab, stab, eat, eat, eat." He picked up on it and a few weeks later when we were having macaroni again, he surprised me by saying "stab" on his own. It's a useful word to know, you've got to admit. :)