Thursday, February 15, 2007

Wow Songs

(Jenn) For my sister Kati's birthday, I compiled a CD of Wow Songs. A Wow Song may not be an artist's most popular or even their best song, but it is the one that, after you listen to it, you think "Wow." If you are cool, you know what I mean. Sometimes the wowness might not happen on your first listening either . . . it's like one day it just amazes you. My list started with 30 songs and was cut down to 18; I tried to reduce it to the very meatiest. Here is the playlist. I highly encourage you to download the entire list from iTunes and take the Wow Challenge! If you don't want to, leave a comment with your address and I'll burn you a disc. Also, feel free to comment on any of the songs, artists, or albums on the list, or suggest candidates for Wow Songs II.

5 comments:

tysqui said...

While I know many of the songs on your compilation, Alison and I would like to request a copy of the disc in order to see if we enjoy the others. I was glad to see that you included my (current) favorite song "Fix You" as a WOW song.

The only song that I could recommend adding would have to be this year's Grammy winning record "Not Ready to Make Nice" by the Dixie Chicks...

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm feeling like such a 'mom' right now - I THINK I recognize a couple of them :) I'd love to have a copy to listen to this if you ever have a chance to burn me a CD! This is a very cool idea!

Kristen said...

nice selection! I agree with their wow status...

JoandDoug said...

Sign me up Jenn! I've only hear of a few of them and I'd love to hear them all. Let me know how much I owe ya! 255 N. 500 E #3 Provo, UT 84606

tysqui said...

We love the disc. Thanks a million for the fantastic gift.