(Jenn)
Her: (reaching to rub my belly) Seester, you pregnant?
Me: Nope, not pregnant.
Her: What? No, not pregnant? You sure?
Me: Yeah, I'm pretty sure.
Her: (continuting to rub my belly in amazement) But your belly, so Round!
Me: Just fat, I guess.
I guess the major differences between how she handled the conversation and how I would have are: 1) I would have NEVER asked that question in the first place, and 2) If I had asked the question, I probably would have stopped when she said "Nope, not pregnant."
Ah, the beauties of cultural differences!
3 comments:
So funny - I can only guess who that was :)
That is so rude. It is funny the cultural differences between us and them. Paul found it was like that in Brazil. You didn't look fat when I saw you a week ago. You are darling and not prego looking at all.
Jenn, that is crazy to me! When I was looking at your slide show from Utah I noticed that you look great and so small--adorable you as always! Honestly, your pictures motivated me to want to eat better and exercise.
Post a Comment