Thursday, January 10, 2008

It's Pretty Hard

(Jenn)
Have you ever tried to wash someone's face while they're trying to lick/suck on the wash cloth you are using to try to wash their face?

Have you ever tried to coerce a 2 year-old to eat ANYTHING?

Have you ever tried to convince a 2 year-old that if only he would take ONE bite of his French toast and chew it, THEN you would give him more powdered sugar and syrup (since he had already licked off all of the sugar he was given to start with)?

It's pretty hard. [a.k.a. it's 7:26pm and Ben still isn't home. I'm really not used to handling dinner alone! I don't know how some moms deal with this all the time!]

5 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Hang in there Jenny! Nights like that are never fun, but I am curious who won the syrup/sugar challenge. :) Yes, Mason tries to eat and/or bite the washcloth while we are trying to clean up too... :)

"All you need is love" said...

Jenn,
I am feeling your pain, I am still having to help "feed" my almost 4year old every night at dinner...my blog today is about the struggles of motherhood as well. Good luck.
Jana

Jess said...

Yes, yes (if doing the same thing with a 1-year-old counts), and not yet. Not fun, any of them. Emma is sick this week, and I'm just thrilled when she eats ANYthing!

Kati said...

Pretty hard? I think the correct word is impossible. Also impossible: convincing an almost-two-year-old to keep his pants and diaper on.

Chris Pease & Christie Wilkes said...

Jenn & Ben!

Hey, I found your blog site through Hollie's and am smiling at your lil' family here! Wow - you guys look so great and established! Always thought you both were great. So glad you are happy!

Christie Wilkes