Thursday, May 22, 2008

New House!

(Jenn) So I returned from my trip to Utah and was hit head-on with the realization that we are MOVING and there is SO MUCH to do!  Can you believe it?  We're planning to move by July 1st, which is 5 1/2 weeks from today.  Aah!  Needless to say, my life has been swirling around me the past few weeks, and blogging has pretty much dropped off the map.  My apologies to all of you.

Fortunately, things have been feeling a little more calm since we found a new apartment!  We couldn't be more excited about our find.  We will be living on the 1st and 2nd floors of this two-family home in Watertown, Massachusetts.  The house is 10 minutes from the Boston temple and a 15-minute bus ride from Harvard.  It was a little smaller than some of our other options, but I'm feeling better the more I've thought about how we'll use our space.  We have plans to make a playroom/guest room out of the bedroom on the main floor (which will most likely be Henry's bedroom), so those of you who come to visit us over the next five years (hopefully all of you!) will be comfortable.  Start making your plans!  

At one point in Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery, Gilbert is telling Anne all about the new house they'll be moving to.  He goes on and on about the details of the furnishings, rooms, etc.  Anne interrupts her husband by saying, "But Gilbert, man cannot live on furniture alone!  Are there TREES about this house?"  When I read this, I completely related to Anne and have always agreed that the trees are a very important part of a "house of dreams."  So as you can see from the pictures, the trees at our new house are amazing, and I have a feeling I'm going to love living there.  The yard is BIG and breathtaking; I can't wait to see it in the fall!  Just look at how many trees you can see out the windows!   It will be perfect for our boys.

Below is a slideshow showing the inside of the house.  I have more pictures on our home computer that I may add later.  For now, this is all you get:

11 comments:

tysqui said...

That is certainly an exciting find. I love how dense the trees appear to be. That is one of my favorite things about New England. Congratulations!

"All you need is love" said...

Jenn,
That looks quite big to me, is it smaller than it looks? That is so wonderful that everything is clicking together~Good luck in the next few weeks.

David and Amy said...

This house looks perfect! We're excited to see it in person sometime soon.

JoDee said...

So so exciting! It looks beautiful with lots of gorgeous trees. Brandon would love to move out East because of all the trees...What a fun change for you! Good luck with all the preparations!

Hoenes Family said...

Looks like a really nice place. I am excited for you!

Katie said...

The house looks great, and you will love the trees and the location! I can't wait to see it . . . I certainly hope we can make it out there something in the next few years and make use of your guest room. :) Good luck with these next crazy weeks of wrapping up life at home and moving. Good times!

E n D said...

We're already making our plans to come visit you :)

Chris Pease & Christie Wilkes said...

Hey Ben & Jenn-

Perdiodically I check in and see how your cute lik' family is doing. Congrats on the new house and that baby counter is ticking fast! Hope all is well!

Reno 411 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reno 411 said...

It looks like a darling house with so much character. I absolutely agree with you about the trees. I am so excited for the fall. Your yard will be gorgeous. Henry and little brother will have lots of fun memories there. We will pack our bags and come see you for sure.

The Sorensens said...

What a cute home, and ten minutes from the temple?? How I envy you!