(Ben) I've been on my own for the past 6 days while Jenn and Henry have been in Utah. I dropped them off at the airport early on Monday morning, and they won't be back until late Monday night, so I've still got a couple of days left of solitude. Jenn wanted to go so that she could see Shug, who is getting married in June and happened to be in Utah, attend Women's Conference with her mom, and then join my sisters, Autmn, and Grandma Whitesides for a surprise birthday weekend with my mom (who's turning 60 on Tuesday!). Those are all very good reasons to go, but I don't think either of us realized how long 8 days is!!! I'm definitely ready for her and Henry to come home.
In the meantime, I've been keeping pretty busy. I've worked late most nights in an effort to get a few projects wrapped up before I quit in less than two months (yikes!). In the evenings I've had plenty of church meetings to keep me busy, and I've gone out with the missionaries a couple of times as well. Also, I've been watching the BBC nature documentary Planet Earth on DVD (through Netflix). I heard about Planet Earth from a coworker of mine who raved about it for a couple of weeks. Since I was interested, and Jenn wasn't so much, I thought this week would be a good time to check it out. Wow. The footage they have on there is absolutely incredible. Apparently the BBC had a $25 million budget to make this series, and they spent about 5 years traveling the world filming. It's all in HD (which makes absolutely no difference to me since our TV was made in 1977, literally), and they did some incredible things to get the footage that they have. For example, they sent a camera crew up to the Himalya's for 2 years in an attempt to get the first footage of the rare snow leopards. Of course, they were successful. I've only watched the first 3 episodes (I think there's a total of 15), but I've got the next DVD here and I'm going to watch a couple more tonight probably. Anyway, check it out if you get a chance and you like that sort of thing!
In the meantime, I've been keeping pretty busy. I've worked late most nights in an effort to get a few projects wrapped up before I quit in less than two months (yikes!). In the evenings I've had plenty of church meetings to keep me busy, and I've gone out with the missionaries a couple of times as well. Also, I've been watching the BBC nature documentary Planet Earth on DVD (through Netflix). I heard about Planet Earth from a coworker of mine who raved about it for a couple of weeks. Since I was interested, and Jenn wasn't so much, I thought this week would be a good time to check it out. Wow. The footage they have on there is absolutely incredible. Apparently the BBC had a $25 million budget to make this series, and they spent about 5 years traveling the world filming. It's all in HD (which makes absolutely no difference to me since our TV was made in 1977, literally), and they did some incredible things to get the footage that they have. For example, they sent a camera crew up to the Himalya's for 2 years in an attempt to get the first footage of the rare snow leopards. Of course, they were successful. I've only watched the first 3 episodes (I think there's a total of 15), but I've got the next DVD here and I'm going to watch a couple more tonight probably. Anyway, check it out if you get a chance and you like that sort of thing!
Lastly, I've been painting a toddler bed that was given to us for Henry. I'll post a picture of it when Jenn gets back with the camera. It's going to be navy blue, and Henry's really excited to have a real bed.
I do have to say that I'm extremely grateful to Jenn, who definitely didn't leave me with an empty fridge like in the picture!! :) I've been feasting well on great leftovers and I'll have just enough to get me through until she returns. Thanks, Jenn, for always taking care of me!!
4 comments:
Glad that you guys are reunited now, 8 days is a long time apart! I'm looking forward to seeing Henry's toddler bed, it sounds like it will be really cute. Also, I'll be excited to read a report and see pictures from Jenn and Henry's Utah trip!
Thanks Ben for letting Jenn and Henry come. It was certainly a birthday to remember and the surprise of my life . . . and so much fun! Mom
Bean! Technically, I was not invited to read your blog, but I was to Dan's and found your's on his, if that makes sense! I LOVE your blog, by far my favorite. Your little Henry is so cute. I almost wet my pants watching his sad potty day. He says some very hilarious things! Congrats on Harvard you smarty pants! I too have a blog. I don't have your e-mail address to invite you because I made it private. If you want to e-mail me your address I will send you an invite. Kalihoenes@gmail.com. Glad to see all is well with you guys! I am due one month after Jenn. I find out next week what it is. So "It" is what I am having right now. Polly had her baby yesterday. Good baby. Real good baby, compared to how Kenzi was as a newborn!
Did your blog go on vacation?
Post a Comment