Friday, April 25, 2008

DVD Pick: Dan in Real Life

(Jenn)
It's saying something when I stay awake through an entire movie these days. It's really saying something when I choose to keep a movie for an extra couple of days just so I can watch it again. I think it's been a LONG time since I've done this! That's why I feel it's worth mentioning Dan in Real Life. I'd call it a romantic comedy, and the best one I've seen in a long time. A beautiful, funny, artistically done, and refreshingly clean film (although not spotless -- it is PG-13, albeit a mild one). The soundtrack is also amazing. Many thanks to Melanie for the recommendation. I'm just passing the word along!

In other news, I finally have Henry calling our baby "Frankie" about 50% of the time. It was the only boy name he agreed to try (the name of our neighbor's dog). And he'll only do it if he can point out that the baby in his own belly is Nina and the baby in Mommy's belly is Frankie. The other half of the time, it's back to Nina for both of our babies. With Ben and I pretty much in agreement on all of our baby names, I never really thought I would run into arguments on this topic! Who would have thought Henry would have such an opinion?

6 comments:

Nellie Jane said...

I haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list...and wow! congrats on your baby boy!! I'm so happy for you! How are you feeling? I hope it all goes well. Take care!

Maile said...

I love this movie, as well.

I love that Henry has a baby in his tummy! Kaia says she's having a baby next week and she's going to name it "Flower Garden." =)

Ned and Linda said...

Dan and Autumn highly recommended this movie to us so with both recommendations, we better stop long enough to watch it. Mom I.

"All you need is love" said...

Love, Love, Love Dan in Real Life! I have redboxed it four times since it came out. Such a feel good movie and I love how the family is realistic and not these bizarre characters with the token freaks everyone feels compelled to put in movies these days. Double agreed on the soundtrack, own it. The song that is playing during the ending credits is my personal fave.

sdande said...

Great movie but a bit too unrealistic for me. There is an unwritten code that once you know a brother is dating or has dated a girl, she becomes off-limits or untouchable....unless they are unbelievably attractive then the gloves come off and let the best man win! hahahaha Didn't Ben date a few of Dan's girls before he met Jenn? hehe

tysqui said...

We remembered your recommendation and rented this movie last night (It's the first movie we've rented in probably 8 months). It was a good one. The music was great (I especially liked the song in the end credits as well), the show was fairly clean and it was funny.

I hope your move is going well. Were watching for updates!