
BOY!
It turns out that everyone was wrong in their guesses, and Henry's going to have a brother! We're excited for Henry to have a little buddy, and we're also excited about not having to buy a bunch of new pink stuff (not that it wouldn't be fun, but we don't have all sorts of money floating around right now, so it's more practical). And best of all, we won't have to worry about this child being traumatized by always being forced to play with cars and trucks. Henry has already made a habit of remembering to give "Nina" a car to play with (he just sets the cars on my belly).
Our current dilemma: how to get Henry to stop calling this boy Nina! He refuses to use any masculine names -- not even Nino. Lately, he has really taken to adding Nina to every part of our family life and regular conversation ("Nina wants a fruit snack?" "Nina's hungry?" "Here's one for Mommy, one for Daddy, and one for Nina"). Just on the way home from the ultrasound appointment -- in the last 40 minutes -- he has talked about Nina at least 8 times! Should we let him continue until the baby is born? Any thoughts?
18 comments:
Yeah! It's so exciting to have the same gender close together--it will be so fun for your little boys to play together! I'd let Henry go with the Nina thing, unless you and Ben decide on a name beforehand and start referring to the baby by that name. I'm sure once he's born, and you call him by name, Henry will eventually switch. :) Congrats!
Wow! Great news! Congratulations! I have loved having two boys close in age.
What's wrong with calling the baby Nina? You remember that boy named Sue. . . .
yay for having two in a row the same! luckily Katelyn hasn't given our baby any nicknames! And Katelyn loved the videos of Henry talking about Boston and cars, she loves cars and was amazed by all the different kinds. Also, I'm not too excited about it but I think we're going to try potty training this summer...thanks for the inspirational video, haha. :)
Wrong again! I'm always off when it comes to guessing about whether a baby will be a boy or girl. I mostly want them to be healthy! And he and Henry will have such fun together. . . a repeat of Dan and Ben and that's great fun. A brother and plenty of male cousins near his age. How lucky for him! Mom I.
Congrats! I was looking forward to not having to buy all new stuff when I thought I was having another boy too...not only the money issue, but now the problem is STORAGE... bins and bins of boy clothes, toys, etc. that I don't dare part with just yet. And I don't know what to tell you about Nina, we're still trying to Mom and Dad down. But you know, babies can hear in utero - pretty funny if he comes out answering to Nina!
Hey Jen Iam sooooo happy for you. having another boy will make things easy. God does know what is best. I guess thats why I also forgot to pray for that girl... for you sorry. Hey tell me how Henry potty training is going dont forget you can call and ask me anything you want.
How exciting! I think that is great news - he and Henry will be best of buds!
Congratulations!!! Another baby boy would complete the "Three Nephites" in the Iverson Family.
congrats guys. You have the boys, we'll have the girls!
Congrats! Maybe Nina will be coming along in a couple of years. It is fun having two boys close in age. They entertain eachother. We are SO happy for your growing family.
Congratulations that is so great.We hope our next one will be a boy.
Congratulations! He and Henry will be good friends!
A little brother! Yeah! Henry is going to love having a little brother. I'm so excited for you. How far along are you?
We're so excited for you! Congratulations.
Yeah for your two boys! Congrats guys!! I love that Henry is so involved with Nina: what a sweet thing.
CONGRATS on the baby boy! Everyone I know is having boys - I have two on the way myself! I'm sure Henry and the new munchkin will the best of friends!
Congratulations! That is so exciting to finally know what you are having!! Henry will be such a great big brother and that will be so fun to have two boys that can be best buds!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you to have another boy. I love having Mason and Carter together, they have an awesome relationship. I would just let Henry call the baby whatever, as long as it stops when the baby has a real name. :)
So happy for you.
Post a Comment