(Jenn)
We made the final decision about Harvard over a week and a half ago. It has felt so good to finally know where we're going to be living for the next 5 years! It was such a dramatic decision at the time we made it, but still we have hardly done anything about it. Ben finally made his official acceptance last night (after a severe scolding from me: "You haven't accepted yet? What were you thinking?"). As he was licking the envelope to seal the deal last night, he commented that Harvard's envelopes even taste better than the other schools' envelopes! He wasn't kidding in the least about the envelopes, and then proceeded to tell me all of the reasons why Harvard is superior: they printed their admit letter on thick bond paper; they included a self-addressed STAMPED envelope for his response; and don't forget how many fireplaces grace the business school's campus (perfect for cozying up with a good econometrics book). Clearly folks, we have made the right decision!
Seriously though, I don't know which of the three of us is most excited. Boston is definitely my dream! I have spent way too many hours of the last week surfing around housing sites. I'm determined to find the perfect place, preferably with a guest room of sorts so you can all start planning your trips to visit us! Henry and I have been reading a bunch of Boston books, and he definitely has Boston on his mind. You'll have to watch these two clips (the first one for sure) to see why Henry is so excited about our next adventure:
Talking about Boston from Ben and Jenn on Vimeo.
Playing with cars from Ben and Jenn on Vimeo.
15 comments:
Congratulations - that IS exciting! I think it's going to be a long few months for Henry before you leave - wondering if it's time yet. Glad he's so excited - it will be a fun adventure!
Yea! We are thrilled for you guys and are so glad you are staying in the area! Congratulations again on this wonderful achievement.
Congratulations! A Harvard man he'll be. It is nice to know where you will be living for the next five years. We'll have to come visit you. Love Ya!
I guess that "recruiting trip" we took after we graduated from LHS was worth it, eh?
CONGRATS
Congratulations you guys. That is great news. Henry is so cute, that is wonderful he is so excited about the move! That always helps.
I like the guest room idea because you can be SURE we'll be there to visit as often as possible (which isn't so often as we'd like with 5 of our 6 kids out of state!). New England is my favorite place in America and we're so proud and happy for what will be happening for you there over the next 5 years! Mom I.
I like how Henry said he'll go to Boston in the race car but sends you in the street sweeper. What a loving child :)
Congrats on another fun adventure.
Congratulations you guys. That is so exciting! Shaun's sister lived there for a few years and Shaun loved visiting here. He said it is so beautiful. I love watching your videos. They always make me laugh and I am amazed at how well Henry talks.
Can we come??? We want to be there with you guys so bad! Love the videos. Ava kept saying, "look at all those cars!"
Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! I love that I know someone so smart. It's like one of those things were if someone ever brings up the school, I can say "...On yeah, my good friend goes there, he's a genius...(this is where I give the back story with embarrasing childhood stories added for emphasis). Justin and I wanted to road trip that way sometime, it seems so great there. My whole fam is really happy for you, good luck.
By the by not so good to blog about knowing really smart people and then have about 4 typos in the same post...classic, I know.
Congrats guys! How exciting for all of you. We can relate to the feeling of being unsure of where the next years will take you ... its so nice to have a decision made & under your belt to await the next adventure!
Hey, It's Lindsay Skidmore Hickman - I just couldn't resist when I found your blog - your little Henry is So cute. I can already tell he is going to be another smarty-pants like you parents of his. Congrats on Harvard - that is amazing. Jessie Spano (from "Saved by the Bell) couldn't even get into Harvard!
Sorry for the delayed response, I am way behind the times right now! That is so fantastic. Your dream is come true! I guess that first kiss was more a foreshadowing than you thought.
Post a Comment