Here's a brief summary of what we've been up to lately, in pictures.
We finally got Henry's "big boy bed" all put together. Ben painted the bed (we got it for free from someone in our branch). The quilt is Henry's baby quilt, made by Grandma Lori. I can take credit for buying the pillows! Looks pretty good, eh?
And here's the big boy himself (he's very happy about the car pillows -- toys and decorations in one!)
Don't be deceived. The not-so-big boy is still VERY dependant on his binkie and blankie. This is the day he made his bed ALL BY HIMSELF.
Meanwhile, between the three of us, we spent pretty much the entire week last week keeping Kimberly-Clark in business.
I'm becoming a believer in the Neti Pot. Pour warm salt water into one nostril and it comes out the other! It's the "natural" way to clear your nasal passages and fight colds and allergies. I wouldn't be caught dead using one of these if only I were allowed to take more serious medication for my many symptoms. What pregnancy will do to you! But it's working, and for now I'm recommending the method! BTW, I also wouldn't be caught dead letting someone take a picture of me with that glorified gravy boat up my nose -- it's not very flattering. I can't believe how many people have posted videos of themselves using it on YouTube (check it out!)Henry wearing Ben's new backpack: one of his many great birthday presents. It has a padded laptop sleeve and will help improve Ben's not-so-nerdiness at PhD school.
Yes, he also got the GPS. I told you he would! I must admit it has already saved me once from dying in the middle of Newark.
And here's the birthday boy with his cake. He's finally caught up with me and the other cool 26-ers! We celebrated with a quiet night at home (Ben's request).
And last, but not least, we joined the Minivan Club. Yep, it happened on Saturday night. As if our gas bill wasn't already astronomical enough!Here's Happy Henry with our 2004 Nissan Quest. Pretty snazzy, right?
13 comments:
Holy Smokes! So much news in one little post. Congrats to all of you (and a Happy Birthday to Ben)!
You joined the mini van club. I like your wheels. I hate to say it but, I actually like my mini van. I hope someday to be out of it but right now going to the gas pump isn't quite as painful. Happy Birthday Ben, you and Jenn are just babies. I love Henry's new bed and the quilt made by Aunt Lori.
Love, Kristina
I love the mini van!! I'm sure you are already loving it too. Looks like lots of fun changes in your not too distant future!
Looks terrific!
Great job on Henry's bed, it looks amazing! Also, the mini van and GPS system are so cool. We're so excited for your family!
Yay on the mini-van! I swore I would never own one, but I do and I LOVE it! LOL!
Funny you mentioned the Neti Pot...I started using one a few weeks ago since, like you said, nothing you can take helps while you are pregnant. It's definitely a keeper!
Nissan Quest are so cool looking! Mini vans are great!
Jenn,
Snaps on your van purchase, we just barely did the same and we bought the exact same one as you, 2004 Quest. SWEET!
Didn't we vote you "most likely to drive a mini van" when we did predictions in 315?
Henry's bed looks great!
It looks like you guys have been busy with a lot of decisions lately. I love your new house and the car and the bed and the GPS! I am addicted to GPS when I travel. They are so nice to have and you will definitely love having it in a new place.
Love the bed! Super cute! Did you get a Garmin? The GPS system is the one we got too! We have also been struggling with colds over here. Would LOVE to see you using the gravy boat. jk. Way to go on the mini van. SO COOL! Miss ya!
very cute bed!! Katelyn would be jealous of those car pillows! And I love your minivan, someday we'll join but we're holding out as long as we can...
Congrats on everything! I love my minivan and hope you are loving yours too!
Post a Comment