We celebrated our 7th anniversary on Sunday. Ben and I had a nice date on Saturday night . . . but we are starting to feel like there is now even more to celebrate as we commemorate our wedding day. We wanted to celebrate the day the Iverson Family was born! Hence, Iverson Day -- our new family holiday. The festivities included watching the "Mommy Daddy Show" (our wedding video), as well as:
a candlelight dinner with sparkling grape juice
cute boys in fancy clothes
Strict adherence to one of our favorite family rules: Rule #28: There's always a beater for everyone!
Did you know that one of our favorite newlywed memories is the night we had frosting and graham crackers for dinner?
Did you also know that one of our other family rules is: Rule #3: You can eat as much cookie dough as you want. ? Go on and judge me or worry about my children and the worms that will grow in their stomachs. I still think it's a good rule.
That's not to say that I remind the boys about the rule on a regular basis . . .

7 comments:
Happy Iverson Day! I love rule #3 and completely agree.
Well Happy Iverson Day! What a fun idea! I should try and do the graham crackers for dinner and see how well that goes over haha:) You guys are so fun.
I love this idea! This is what I've been wanting to start...since Peter and I can never seem to get out on a date with just the two of us anyway. I think I need to institute Rule #3 in our house, too. Some culturally ingrained feelings have made me feel guilty for letting me let my kids eat all the cookie dough they want, but I'm taking this as permission to change that. :)
-Maile
Cute cute posts! Happy Anniversary.
We liked the picture of Ellis in his little suit. We think he looks like Benjamin Button because he is a little man all grown up. The leaves looked nice too. So far, not too many cacti have lost any thorns, so it looks like winter may never come. It was 78 degrees here today, which was actually very pleasant. The fancy dinner looked fun too. I love having a Thanksgiving anniversary!
He needs a shirt on!
Love this idea! Such a fun idea to celebrate with the kids. Love it.
Post a Comment