Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Little Angel


Other times I think there is a little angel living inside Ellis. He surprises me sometimes with the things that come out of his mouth -- usually things I don't think I ever taught him.

Here is Ellis' rendition of "Come Follow Me" - a hymn we had been practicing with Henry for the Primary program. Who knew that Ellis was not only listening, but learning all the words? "Come Follow Me" is now definitely one of Ellis' favorite songs:

Come Follow Me from Ben and Jenn on Vimeo.

And then here are a few clips showing Ellis' recent obsession with our Church's General Conference and the prophets and apostles. Both boys were shockingly well-behaved for Conference this year, and Ellis really got SO excited about each new speaker and wanted to know all of their names, especially "Present Monson" and "Present Oof-dorf." He has been talking about them several times a day for the last six weeks. Well, yesterday he discovered that you can watch General Conference anytime -- on the computer! What a revelation this was! He watched several clips last night, and asked to watch "Conference" for at least 30-40 minutes today (I showed him Mormon Messages on YouTube). Since Ellis is still only eating his food if he's plopped in front of the computer screen watching a show (we're pathetic parents, I know), he chose to watch Conference for all of his meals today. He chose Present Monson and Present Oof-dorf -- hands down -- over Diego, Dora, or Thomas. I'm wondering how long this will last, but for the meantime it's pretty sweet.


I love his excitement for Present Monson in this one:

Watch Present Monson from Ben and Jenn on Vimeo.

And in this one, totally un-prompted, he confessed his "nuv" (love) for "doze guys," meaning the prophet and apostles. Who wouldn't nuv doze guys?

I Nuv Doze Guys from Ben and Jenn on Vimeo.

Lastly, here's Ellis' favorite of the Mormon Messages we watched today. It was a hit because it includes several of his favorite presidents and elders, and another favorite . . . Jesus! Check it out:



4 comments:

David and Amy said...

He is so sweet. Those videos brought a warm feeling to my heart!

Paul and Shug said...

The pictures you post always have the sun shining through the windows. It's always so LIGHT. I am rarely in my house when it is lit by sunlight. I hope you appreciate that perk of being able to stay at home with your boys.

JoDee said...

Ok Jenn that is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. SO CUTE! Way to be such a great mom that he gets so excited about this stuff!

Matt and Jessica said...

That is amazing. He really is an angel. Ellie was playing general conference yesterday and I was surprised. If she had remembered President Eyring's name I would have dropped dead. Little boys are so stinkin' cute - especially yours! I'm glad you're making another one.