Saturday, April 06, 2013

March via Instagram


Just caught my boys in a rare sweet moment of perfection.  At Sam's request, Ellis "read" all of the books he has memorized to Sam.  they both sang together at certain points.  #bestillmysoul

Cloverdoodles . . . and my little leprechaun helpers!

The great playroom purge.  #springcleaning

Tons of stuff to trash/donate in the foreground.  Fresh, pared-down playroom shelves in the background.  This RS activity came at the perfect time!  #readytomove

You know, just settling in with Ellis for some cozy story time . . . Not exactly the fairy tales I would like to be reading, but it works.  One perk is that I get to use words like "fwa-koom!" and "kzash!" #starwarsgraphicnovels #thelifeofaboymom

#horriblehairday #joyschool

While Mom supervised the shaving-foam-feet-painting activity in the kitchen, Sam found a project of his own.  #iamnaughtyandiknowit #spontaneousdelight

"Mom, it's kind of like a move for a Super Ninja." #jillianmichaels #rippedin30 #ninjamama

I'm glad to see that I've raised a child who knows how to protest (even if he hasn't yet learned subject/verb agreement).  

Aah!  My little brother is getting married!  He's been home from his mission for less than a month.  #whenitsrightitsright #tannerandmeagan

Look who showed up at our house tonight!  His travel might not be fun for Autumn, but we are sure enjoying his visit!

I'm trying my hand at six kids today while Jamie is away.  Two of the kids are taking a nap right now, while the other four play Star Wars.  #miraculousmatchingnaps #starwarsBFFs #luckythatstarwarshasaprincess

Officially my favorite Pandora station right now: Fionn Regan.  Zee Avi is a close second.  Calm music to counteract the madness.  What is your favorite?

 Someone is letting someone else stay up past his bedtime to have an in-depth discussion about math . . . for no reason.  #nerdtraining #mathgeeks #lovethemboth

 Whoa.  I was trying to figure out why Sam's hair looked like this . . . and then I remembered letting him play with the blow dryer this morning!

 Easter eggs!  And navy blazer preview . . .

 Ellis is excited to have a friend who shares his affinity for acting on stage.  #elizaandellis #themusical

 The great candy sort, where "mine" becomes "ours," and we get to hide it all from Sam, who has been shoveling handfuls into his mouth all morning.  #eastersaturday #waytoomuchcandy #partofacompletebreakfast

In Boston, Easter clothes have to be warm, just in case!  I'm finally learning this...

Family photo, courtesy of Jamie Cook.

1 comment:

Paul and Shug said...

Griff! What a great life!! I love the following parts of this post the best: the Ellis reading to Sam picture. I think it's beautiful with the piano in the background. The Sam at the top of the stairs picture. He looks so satisfied and triumphant. The protest! And TANNER!!!!! Congrats. That's so crazy.