Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Later grams, in which Thanksgiving and Christmas happen rather quickly, yet wonderfully

New chore idea from our wonderful preschool teacher, Nancy.  He even folded the dryer sheets!  #Montessori #practicallifeworks #folding

A grand weekend is in store.  #anniversary #tenyears #lotstocelebrate #grandamerica #saltlakecity

I've got my love to keep me warm.  #coatofmydreams #anniversarygift #benlovesme #thenorthface #chicagonecessity

Curling lessons! I wore the perfectly wrong shoes and kept slipping on the ice, so our instructor lent me his shoes!  They must have been lucky shoes, because I was totally a natural :)  #coolestsportever #slcolympicoval

This is our happily ever after.  

A grand tour of the part of Ben's life I know absolutely nothing about.  #snowbird #theworldofskiing

Edible turkey art, four ways. #cousintime #donutturkeys #freeform 

This boy turned eight yesterday, but he wanted to save the celebrations for today, to ensure that the day would be all about him.  #boyaftermyownheart #birthdayboy #presentsinpajamas 

We are happy to be participating in the annual Griffin Turkey Bowl. #cousin time #lovetheseboys

He is official!  I am so proud of this sweet, loving, helpful, clever, happy boy.  It has been so fun to watch him grow.  #iloveyouhenry #baptismday

#baptismday

Supermom Mary Pugh brought all of these cute kids to the baptism!

The boys have been playing House every morning at my mom's house, directed by Ellis.  Sam is the mom and has LOTS of babies!  I guess this is what happens when you live in a doll-free house. 

Goodbye, beautiful Utah!  #winterwonderland #lovethisview #dadsbackporch

This is happening.  #cubscouts #packmeeting #mybabyboy

Take notice: my sewing machine is out from the back of the dusty closet.  #thisneverhappens #gettingcrafty #papergarland

Better late than never!  #christmastree #papergarland #bostonlove

In this house, we do spontaneous boxing matches.  #drowninginboys

I just had a lovely little moment when I walked up to our front door and heard Christmas carols playing on the piano and the lively laughter of children.  #itsawonderfullife #moment

LOVED our ward Christmas party today.  My favorite part was when we suddenly heard the three members of the Bishopric singing "We three kings" and then saw them march into the room in costume.  Their song was amazing...and they ended it by the overflow curtain magically opening up to reveal three chairs.  Then the kids got to sit on their laps, get a gift bag, and whisper with the kings about the true meaning of Christmas.  Loved it!

You know you're awesome when the UPS guy has to use a dolly to bring your packages to the door.  Or when your stack of packages hits the ceiling.  #amazonhappy #timetostartwrapping

Gingerbread houses in Henry's classroom.  With all sorts of fun school activities and programs this week (I was late to every single one), I am feeling pretty exhausted.  Henry is not the only one who is happy about the 2-week break! 

Baby, it's cold outside, but it's a perfect night for a drive.  #threedegrees

I think it's safe to assume that Santa likes dark chocolate covered peppermint Joe-Joes.  #merrychristmaseve #cookiesforsanta


Nothing but playing today.  Scooters, LOTS of Lego building, and Ellis spent at least 2 hours working on his sticker mosaic kit.  #stickerbynumber #legofamily #merrychristmas

And here is the finished product!  This was the perfect project for Ellis.  He spent close to 3 hours working diligently and eagerly on those little stickers.  #lovethisboy #christmaswinner

And this one begged to sleep with his "punchers." He said, "But they keep me warm...and make my hands not hurt."  How could I resist?  #onlyonchristmas #sockerboppers #lovethisboy

I absolutely love this 64 pack of Pip Squeaks, but I'm wondering if I should start enforcing a 10-marker rule, since Sam can't put the lids back on.  This job takes me ten minutes!  #gettingold #pileofmarkers #crayola64

1 comment:

Paul and Shug said...

Holy Camolee! 10 Years!!! TEN YEARS!!! What is happening?? Life, I guess.

I really appreciated this post. It was so chalk full of amazingness.

Curling!!?!? What an awesome thing to do. Do you know I was briefly on a curling team in high school and that we curled in gym class?

Skiing??!?! Griff, I'm dying to hear how it was.

I've been saying for years that American Christmas season is entirely too short. No one listens. Imagine if you spread out all your parties and shopping and wrapping and crafts from Halloween onward. There would be so much less stress and so much more time for restful magic. Myself, I usually wait until a week or two into November and it's perfect. It's more of a crescendo as the tree appears and the glitter increases.

That picture of boxes to the ceiling may be the best Christmas picture I've ever seen in my life.

That picture of sock-em-boppem in bed may be the best little boy picture I've ever seen. I love it.

And Henry...oh Henry. Those baptism pics made me cry a little. What a good boy.