I will admit it: December was crazy. Our Thanksgiving trip was awesome, but it definitely set us back to get home already a week into December. It has been wild, trying to do all of the things we love to do in December, all crammed into two weeks. We definitely eliminated several things, but it still felt a little too crazy for me . . .
Which is why Christmas Eve was so special. All the big things were out of the way, we had no plans, and we just got to have a quiet, magical evening at home.
We had a fancy candlelight dinner. As you can see, my children have excellent table manners. They would never, say, try to cram an entire roll into their mouth in one bite.
The excitement was palpable, and it was hard for a little boy to contain his excitement, but eventually the boys settled down for our program.
But first, a pretty good picture of my boys.
Ben set the tone with carols on the guitar.
We did a Nativity presentation using the little wooden set that I ended up painting at the last minute on the 23rd while Henry and I were doing a project. I thought they turned out to be pretty adorable!
Then, letters to Santa and storytime!
We love Christmas story time with these boys.
Then, off to bed to try to sleep and dream of those sugarplums!
Merry Christmas!
1 comment:
Looks magical. Man, kids must be the best! Especially yours.
Post a Comment