
(Jenn) We all had a great week with Grandpa Dave staying at our house! It was a special treat for Henry especially. My dad's work sent him to New York for a 5-day training, so he just stayed with us. It was great! He arrived Sunday night, and we put him straight to work. Ben and I ate a quick dinner and headed out the door to Boston for Harvard's admit day, and so Grandpa Dave was in charge of Henry for the next 26 hours. He did a great job with the bedtime routine and dropped Henry off at Becca's house (thanks Becca!) before catching his train into the city for a big day of work! I was impressed and so grateful that my dad was willing to do all of this for us.

We spent the rest of the week just relaxing and enjoying our evenings together. It was such a relaxing visit -- I didn't even worry about keeping the house clean or cooking anything too extravagant (probably because I knew I could talk Dad into going out to eat!). It was just like Dad lived in the next town over and dropped in for a visit every night! I loved it, and Henry had a ball playing cars and reading books with Grandpa. We're hoping the next place we live will offer training classes that my dad needs to go to! This was his 2nd one in NYC, and it has been so great. It's fun to have an excuse to be together :)
1 comment:
What a great Dad! I love him, he's so fun. I am glad you had a good visit.
Post a Comment