The Griffin family fun continued with a lovely weekend at Cape Cod. A few highlights:

The Easter Bunny managed to find our hotel, and he hid the baskets for the morning of "Easter Saturday." Henry acted excited and surprised about the basket and its contents. I made up some story about the Easter Bunny leaving the aforementioned Target bag at our house on accident a week earlier because he didn't get the memo about what hotel we would be staying at. I think I got away with it . . .

Of course, Henry remembered exactly which items he had seen in the Target bag. He wasn't accusing at all, but he pointed them all out: "Those are the bath toys I saw in the Target bag!" Luckily we picked up just a few extra treasures that he HADN'T seen to throw him off a little. Maybe next year I'll be good at this.
The Heritage Museum had a showroom with 37 classic cars, some of which had been owned by celebrities. Henry was in heaven, practically running from one car to the next. I was surprised at how everyone in the group actually loved this museum!

Here's Henry taking us all for a spin (he's driving us to the "Please Touch" Museum, as opposed to the "Please Don't Touch" Museum).

Tanner eating a sandwich and playing Slamwich in Sandwich (that's the name of the town). We failed to talk my parents into taking us to Ice Cream Sandwich, also in Sandwich.

Strolling along Main Street in Chatham (the elbow of the Cape). This was Eliza's recommendation and we loved it! I loved all of the shops, especially the cute little book stores and the candy shop. My favorite by far was a little art gallery called The Artful Hand. If this had been the only thing we had seen the whole weekend, I would have been satisfied. The gallery had work from several of my favorite artists, including Brian Andreas, Curly Girl, and Sticks.
Sticks is the artist that first inspired my use of woodburning as a medium! It was amazing to see some current work and get ideas, ideas, ideas! I've been thinking about new projects pretty much every minute since we left this place; I feel so inspired to spend ALL of my bounteous free time creating!
Awwwww . . . the children.

Now for some beach pictures. It was a gorgeous day, for April. You can't beat the sand, the ocean, and being with people you love. Thanks Mom, Dad, and Tanner!
We love you!
5 comments:
Ahh, Cape Cod. What a fun place, although I can't imagine that everybody didn't want to go to the French Cable Museum...
How fun to have your parents and Tanner visit! Cape Cod looks great!
Looks SO FUN!
Cape Cod looks awesome. I love the light house pictures. Tanner is a funny kid. Your mom and dad are well traveled because of you. I want to come see you, so I can be well traveled too.
Post a Comment