Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"I'm a Good Artist!"

Henry got to paint last week because he saw Mommy doing it and begged for his turn.  I wish I let him paint more often.  It's just so much effort, you know.  And we don't have any washable paint --  I should probably get some.  Needless to say, it's stressful for me -- hovering over him the whole time, making sure he doesn't paint the table, chairs, or his clothes.  But Henry had such a great time, it was probably worth it!  He said, "I'm a good artist" at least 50 times while he was painting, and I agreed with him every time.  You can see from the photo that Henry "performs all different kinds of pictures."  These ones are mostly snakes, birdies, and dinosaurs.  I'm just proud of him for being so excited about it and so confident.  Hopefully his enthusiasm will continue, and you'll see more of his work!

I can't help but add my own little bit of artistic fun from the week.  New projects have been reeling in my heart since our visit to that Cape Cod art gallery, and I couldn't help but let something out.  This one was for our dear friends' 50th wedding anniversary.  Made with wood-burner, paint, and paper.  Hopefully there will be more where this came from as well!

6 comments:

Kati said...

That is a darling picture that you made for Pat and Bernie. I bet that they love it. I'm glad that you posted the picture.

In my experience, washable paints really aren't that washable. Isaac has ruined more clothing by painting the clothes with washable paint than anything else - including mud, food, magic markers, and food coloring.

David and Amy said...

Jenn, that picture is so adorable, it is perfect! I'm in awe of your talents once again!

Paul and Shug said...

You make my heart ache; for you, a pen, some paint, my camera...everything. For light and creation. Well done. I'm going to go make something. Divine.

Becca said...

Beautiful!!

Maile said...

You are amazing, Jenn!! I like Henry's artwork, too.

I have washable paints but I still don't get them out that often because it's still a lot of work to watch both the kids, especially because I don't entirely trust Asher to be responsible with them yet. But it is something I think I should do more...

Mary Pugh said...

That is absolutely amazing! You are seriously so talented! So Jack has just discovered the wonderful world of painting and fear not, it can be very enjoyable for you too! Crayola is as good as their word when it comes to "washable" It has come off EVERYTHING, tables, chairs, floor, clothes, hands, feet, faces, EVERYTHING! If that still makes you nervous you can buy those cheap party table covers at the Dollar store for your table and or floor. Then let Henry at it!