Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Ben had a Birthday




It's true.  Ben had a birthday.  Almost two weeks ago.  Was it a good birthday?  Yes!  Is Ben the type that writes his own birthday blog post hoping for even more attention than he's already getting?  Apparently not.  So you can all wish him a very belated 27th birthday, thanks to my timely update here.  The big day and the weekend following it included lots of celebrating!  It also included . . .

Rain
Hence the canceled plans to do something outdoors
Hence the new plans -- the Butterfly Place!
Buying a caterpillar-butterfly kit
Ben taking the day off (what a nice boss he has!)
Family togetherness
The Cheesecake Factory
Real Salt Lake soccer tickets
A new vacuum for cleaning the car (here's hoping :)
Homemade root beer
Barbeque with friends
Trying out his new-to-us gas grill
Cake Wrecks competition! (we are big Cake Wrecks fans)

And here are some pictures to prove it:






4 comments:

Kati said...

That is a cake even Tanner would be jealous of. What a beauty. I'm glad Ben had a happy birthday. He didn't post about it because he's busy writing in a new dog-journal, right? I hope he got the journal in time for his birthday.

Shaun - Jillian said...

Happy Birthday to Ben. I love the video of Ellis laughing. I definitely couldn't watch it without smiling! I also love Henry's songs - seriously, he is amazing! I imagine you will be coming out soon for Brady's wedding...

David and Amy said...

That is one crazy cake, it cracks me up! Looks like Ben had a great birthday!

Mal said...

So Ive been sleeping on the floor of my apartment for the last few days, in the process of moving out. Thought I'd catch up on my blogs before work. And that video of Ellis laughing made my day. Also your cake wreck--I love it!!