Sunday, June 14, 2009

Leftover H Quotes

On a more positive note, Henry keeps cracking us up. Here you have it, the long-awaited Henry quotes:

* The skunk came and it "stinct" all the dinosaurs.

* Daddy, I spelled "cracrs!" With an exclamation point 'cause I'm excited!

* Can you sing that song about "Another oatmeal, another show?"

* I wanna be a daddy with hairs in my nose.

* [while in the car] We're stuck in traffic. Honk your horn, Mom!"

* Oh! Bankruptcy! That's kind of popular!

* I'm the superest boy in the whole world!

* I like this city! I like this WHOLE world! There is so much stuff! There's more things that we can't even do!

After watching Toy Story recently:
* Ladies and gentlemen . . . and beyond!
* Picasco -- that's what Mrs. Matato calls himself.

Clever excuses for not doing things he should do:

* Nina and Teddy didn't want me to make my bed.

* I can't [put the silverware away] because:
- I'm too busy doing this (flipping the button on the dishwasher).
- that's too much work for me!
- Ellis wants me to push this button.

* I can't come downstairs because my feet are glued to the floor.

* Oh no! Help me! I'm blind! I can't eat my dinner because I'm blind!

H: I can't paint tomorrow; I have a lot of work to do.
Dad: What kind of work?
H: I have to play.

H: I'm not taking bites because someone in my dream told me not to take bites.
Dad: Well, you still need to take bites.
H: But I don't want to be thrown in the lion's den if I take bites!

E: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!
Mom: Henry, what did you do to him?
H: But you wanted me to pull Ellis' tooth out!

Conversations:
H: Do you want to buy this car? It costs 90 million dollars.
Dad: I don't have enough money. I only have 60 million dollars.
H: That's okay -- I'll just turn the 6 upside down and it will be 90 million.

Mom: Okay Henry, no more growing up! You need to stay a little boy forever.
H: But I want to marry someone!

H: Why did Jesus not create cars?
Dad: Because he only made things in the earth like trees, flowers, and mountains.
H: Santa makes cars! He's kind of like Jesus!

H: Why did you throw that bib in the garbage?
Mom: Because it had a hole in it.
H: I wanted to stick my finger in the hole -- it was a like a polar bear sticking his head in the snow.

Bonus Questions (just in case you haven't heard enough of them):
* Why did you forget?
* Why is there not a reason?
* Who gave me this [piece of Halloween candy]?
* When I was a baby, did I use Ellis' body?
* Why are they called eyebrows?
* Why can we not do the day and THEN get ready for the day?

10 comments:

Mary Pugh said...

Okay, I am crying from laughing so hard. Henry is so hilarious and so smart and I can't believe you remember all the things he says! Do you keep a list somewhere? So funny.

David and Amy said...

These are all so great! I wouldn't be able to hold in my laughter if I heard him say any of those!

Janelle said...

Bless you for being such a trooper, Jenn.

JoDee said...

Oh my goodness, what a little character he is. Everything out of his mouth is so clever and hilarious! You guys are such great parents to nurture all of that. My heroes.

Paul and Shug said...

Genius

Christina said...

I can't believe that you have remembered all of these! That is so funny. What a stud!

Autumn said...

Too funny! I was laughing out loud, what a funny kid.

The Sorensens said...

He is so funny!

The Kotters said...

HEy! I have so much fun keeping up on your cute family! Does Katie have a blog? I would love to see how she is doing! Take Care!

Chelsea

scooping it up said...

wow. that was a crack up.