1. Ticket agent who made me take 2 lbs. out of my suitcase to get down to 50 lbs., then quickly looked from side to side and told me to put the 2 lbs. of stuff back in the suitcase.
2. Lady behind me in security line that insisted on pushing my items through the detector for me.
3. Lady at our gate who noticed Ellis kept walking away from me while I was diligently waiting with our bags. She positioned herself and her suitcase at the end of the aisle of seats so Ellis couldn't escape, and both boys stayed in my sight while getting their wiggles out.
4. Lady who offered to hold Ellis while I buckled the car seat in (not sure how on earth I would have done that alone), and then later unfolded my stroller for me.
5. Man next to us on plane #1 who kindly pretended to sleep through Ellis' shrill screaming, and then happily carried our car seat off the plane.
6. Man across the aisle who made faces at Ellis, in spite of his constant shrieks, and found humor in our situation (told me I NEED to watch Bill Cosby's "Himself," and laugh at this situation later). He also told Henry he was the best 3 1/2 year old he's ever seen.
7. Henry. He really was an angel too. When Ellis finally fell asleep in my arms, and Henry wanted a book/drink/toy, I told him I couldn't get anything for him or Ellis would wake up, and he tearfully said, "okay" and then didn't say another word. I love that boy.
8. A true heavenly angel who hushed Ellis to sleep. He slept for 90 minutes on the first flight. It was a miracle for him.
9. Woman who saw us walking around the airport during our layover who asked sincerely, "Is there ANYTHING I can POSSIBLY do to help you?" (I must have looked pretty pathetic)
10. Gate agent who moved the 3 of us to a row where we could sit together, and went out of her way to find us a row with an empty seat (Ellis got a seat on the second flight, which was a miracle).
11. Man who carried our car seat on plane #2.
I honestly don't think I would have made it home without these angels. Thank Heaven for sending people to help us when we need it the most! I didn't ask a single favor of anyone. They just seemed to be placed in my path, and they all unabashedly offered to help, each one knowing exactly what I needed at that moment. If you're out there angels (or if you've ever been one to someone else), THANK YOU. You made my day.
6 comments:
Oh huzzah for angels in airports! There is nothing ( or almost nothing) worse than flying alone with two kids so I an so glad you had helpers along the way!
That is the place that I found I am most looked after when I am on my own. Heaven is watching and making sure those right people are in our way, or we are in theirs. :) Glad you made it back safe and sound.
Wow...you are a brave woman--I'm not sure I could take my two alone on a flight let alone two! Sounds like you were certainly blessed with help. How refreshing when perfect strangers go out of their way to make your life easier. And yes, you definitely need to watch Bill Cosby "himself"...it's a must for all parents. Actually he has some cd's that are pretty hilarious too. There's at least one bit on each cd that could apply to parenting, children...etc. When in the midst of a frustrating day, moment I try to apply it to Bill Cosby and it totally helps me relax.
It's amazing how much people want to help out when you're traveling. That made me cry about Henry saying "ok" and then being quiet--what a sweet boy.
Oh my! I'm sorry, but I was laughing pretty hard at the part where the guy told you to watch Bill Cosby. It really helped me picture what you were going through! You poor thing! I love when people are so kind. Glad you made it home with everything (and everyone) in tact!
I was so busy at the MTC that day, but thoughts of you alone traveling with the boys crossed my mind all day long and my prayers for you that day were certainly answered. Angels come into your life because you are so good at counting your blessings and every tender little mercy.
Post a Comment