Monday, November 02, 2009

The Great Pumpkin's Visit!


Well, the Great Pumpkin made it to our house this year with a bundle of Halloween surprises! It turned out to be a successful way to come to a decision about the costumes (okay, let's be honest: it was a successful way for me to choose the costumes I wanted, perhaps for the last time!).
I think Henry was pretty happy about the whole idea though. He acted really excited for several minutes, and then he got all wistful and said, "Maybe next year the Great Pumpkin will bring me a boxer costume!" I didn't even know boxer was his top choice in costumes! Maybe next year . . . Anyway, the Great Pumpkin also had this great idea of sending Henry a toy UPS truck in the mail, which made up for any disappointment Henry might have had. Who can complain when there's a new truck involved?

I may be biased, but I think these two boys are the cutest UPS guys I've ever seen!



Ben's great idea: Henry put his candy inside the Amazon box!
The truck turned out to be the perfect prop! Ellis just needed a little help keeping steady as we went trick-or-treating. It was so cute to see him pushing his deliveries along!

7 comments:

Erin said...

That's one of the most creative costumes for little kids I've seen this year! How cute are your boys really? They are adorable! I love your props...very clever!

David and Amy said...

Nice work Jenn and Ben, the boys costumes are awesome. I'm sure they were the hit of the neighborhood!

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

if only I could harness that creative energy of yours. Just a small amount would be fine, can we work that out? So cute!

Becca said...

Cute idea - did you just recycle your garbage truck from the last couple years?

E n D said...

Yep, the cutest UPS boys I've ever seen

Jess said...

I LOVE your Halloween ideas! The Great Pumpkin bringing costumes? Pure brilliance! And the reappearance of the grocery cart turned garbage truck turned UPS truck? Adorable.

Nikki said...

Love the costumes! The Amazon box was klutch! Gosh - Ellis is getting SO BIG!