Ask me this year, and I'll tell you I like Halloween. This is what I like about it:
- Getting to do whatever festive fall things I want to do.
- Pretending the inflatable jack-o-lanterns and purple-light-cobwebs do not exist.
- Instead, drinking in the height of the season and making a holiday of it!
- 70 degree weather (just cool enough to call it crisp).
- Trick-or-treating with friends. It's fun to be the group of parents watching the kids get so excited running from door to door. It's fun to hear all the people tell your kids how cute they look and then reward them with candy. And I got a kick out of Romney telling the kids, "At this house you have to do a dance to get the treats!" They really did it!
Here's what else I liked about Halloween this year:
guitar and donut night with Jonathan and Eliza
(mostly the donut part) Our raised donuts turned out great (here is the recipe)!
We also made pumpkin spice donuts -- a must try recipe! Mmmm hmmm!
Watching Henry dance at "the Walden Pond"
4 comments:
One word - Jealous.
P.S. love the UPS and Great Pumpkin idea!
Don't you just love this time of year. Walden pond is so beautiful. Your boys look great.
I went on a field trip to Walden Pond in high school, and got lost around that exact same train track!
Those donuts look delicious. My daughter is salivating as I write. Guess I better get baking...
Wow, I just had a flashback of our senior trip to Boston after seeing the shore of Walden Pond. I remember Jolie interviewing us there with her video camera and asking everyone whether we thought Ben and Jenn had already kissed on the trip yet or not. You two had gone off by yourselves while we were at Walden, which of course invited our speculation. I hypothesized with scientific accuracy that y'all hadn't kissed with my reasoning being "because Ben is a chicken!" Haha. We were all so very wrong about you two kids! ;)
Post a Comment