Wednesday, October 06, 2010

It's a Boy . . . Again!

Now that I can see his cute little head, I can't deny it anymore. There is a baby growing inside of me. It's true. A real live little person, roughly the size of a bell pepper. But this little guy is a lot cuter than a bell pepper . . . and he's very much a B-O-Y.

Yes, you did your calculations correctly. This will be Boy #3 for the Iversons! Most people's first reaction is to ask how I'm taking the news. Well, I must admit that early on in the pregnancy, I was dreaming of pink. I even warned friends and neighbors that if they saw a dark cloud forming over our house this week, they would know we had received the news that this baby is a boy. Well, no dark cloud has formed, and it appears that everything is going to be okay. About 2 weeks ago, I was blessed with lots of wonderful experiences with Henry and Ellis, enough to make me tell Ben I would be really sad if we were to never have another little boy again. We love little boys! And we make pretty good ones! So . . . I have arrived at a very calm and peaceful place regarding the gender of this child.

At the beginning of the pregnancy, we started calling this child "Princess Nocandy." It comes from one of Ben's favorite ridiculous websites, Name of the Year, where they vote on and post listings of the most outlandish, real, verified baby names from each year. Princess Nocandy was the Name of the Year from 2006. Anyway, it appears that the "Princess" name is a little inappropriate now, in light of recent news, so we need a new prenatal name for this little guy. The options are A) "The Baby Formerly Known as Princess Nocandy" or B) "He Who Must Not Be Named." If option B is chosen, acceptable nicknames might include, but would not be limited to "You Know Who" and "Voldy." The nickname, "The Dark Lord" will NOT be accepted. If you'd like to have a say in the new name for Boy #3, please vote for your favorite in the sidebar on the left. Thanks!
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

brenna said...

Congrats! Now I see why you two have been traveling endlessly the past several months. Hope you're feeling well. That's a difficult naming decision :)

Kara said...

Congrats, Jenn! I'm so glad you are content with the news. I know a bit how you feel when you're in a house that is dominated by boys. I was extremely happy to know Lucy would be a girl (though I did have Jessica on my side). It just looks like you're going to get your basketball team before your ballet class! I'm glad everything went well at the ultrasound.

Mel said...

That is so great!!! And you guys are too funny. We love people who love funny names.

(So that means we love you.)

The Steele family said...

congrats that is so fun

Tanner Griffin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tanner Griffin said...

I won't call him He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named until you let me call him The Dark Lord. That's all I ever refer to the real you-know-who as. It's easier, and it's more Iverson-boy-like.

So, for now, I'm calling him The Baby Formerly Known as Princess Nocandy, or this symbol for short.

Becca said...

Congratulations!! So excited for you - you are great with boys . . . no wonder Heavenly Father sends them your way :)

Jess said...

Congrats! I must agree, you do make great boys! Hope you're feeling well!

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

That is awesome! Is this the first anouncement, or did I totally miss something! Boys are the best...and I have a girl, so I know. ;) Congrats to the whole family. You do make fantastic children..cause you are fantastic parents!

Marie said...

What wonderful news! I'm really happy for you. My next-door neighbor has three boys, and it so cute to see them all dressed alike in their pictures. I wish you the best!

JDG said...

Wow, Congrats! That's really exciting! Hope that you're doing well and feeling okay.

-Jon

David and Amy said...

Hurray for another handsome and sweet Iverson boy! We are so excited for him and Joshua to meet!

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

Woop woop! 3 Boys rock! Way to go!

Kathryn said...

Oh, congratulations! Boy babies are awesome!