Last week, someone described Ellis and Sam as Ben's "barnacles." I thought that was an apt description of them - they just cling to him whenever they can!
I suppose Henry does it too, although not as badly. All three of these boys definitely love their dad though.
Henry and Ellis have shown a clear preference for Ben over me for a long time, and over the past few weeks, Sam has also converted to Ben's side. He made the switch a couple of weeks ago, and at the same time he started calling Ben "Mama" and me "Dada." In the mornings, he wants to go to Ben first thing and wants little to do with me. During the day when Ben is not home, he likes me fine and is very sweet and cuddly, but as soon as Ben gets home, Sam reaches for him and says, "MA!" I was kind of hoping I would be Sam's favorite for a little bit longer than this. But so it goes! Ben has been Henry's and Ellis' favorite for a long time now. I don't blame them! I like Ben the best too! I suppose I cling to him as much as I can as well. :)
1 comment:
Griff, you are MY favorite! (sorry, Ben!) Also, I just adore your family. Someday when I grow up I'm going to have one just like it.
Post a Comment