Monday was Henry's last day of Kindergarten! This year has gone by so quickly, and Henry has learned so much! I have loved watching him go to school and enjoy being part of his classroom and school communities. He never complained of being bored in school - mostly I think because Kindergarten is so focused on the SOCIAL experience. He has really loved his friends, teachers, and the structure of each day in school.
This is Henry with Ms. Brown. She is an awesome Kindergarten teacher! She has special songs and poems for just about everything. Henry came home singing new songs all the time! She also has special names for everything that just make the world seem more exciting (hand sanitizer is called "magic soap!").
We had to get a picture with Mary, our favorite crossing guard. Sam and Ellis have enjoyed riding in the jogging stroller for Henry's drop off and pick up. Ellis' favorite part is the crossing guards! Every day, he notices if one of them is missing, if one has a sub, and if any of them are wearing different uniforms. If Mary was wearing a special orange rain cap, or if she forgot her white gloves, it was the highlight of the day for Ellis.
These are two of Henry's best Kindergarten friends, Jules and Ethan. They are perfect friends for Henry because they are on the same wavelength of boyish weirdness coolness. At recess, they like to invent games that are like video-games-come-to-life (they try to defeat enemies, earn points, and have "lives"), or invent complex worlds like their original "army of penguins."
I like this picture because it shows that Henry is not the only 6-year-old incapable of taking a "normal" picture. See Ellis? He looks great. I guess he hasn't hit the awkward photo stage yet . . .
One of the things Henry made the most progress with this year was spelling and writing. He started Kindergarten already being a great reader, but writing was something we hadn't really tackled yet. All of my boys seem to be slower with fine motor skills! Here are a few writing samples from Henry this year:
First Poem: a Haiku called "Spring."
I like butterflies
I like to look at flowers
Springtime is the best
Another great poem about apples!
Glad to hear he feels loved when Ben pays his allowance. :)
I am so proud of this boy!
2 comments:
So sweet. It must be quite the trip seeing your little baby turn into a little boy and on and on. What a crazy thing.
Wow! He's really growing up! He's always been such a smart cookie, it's so fun to see how he's enjoying school.
Post a Comment