Friday, May 08, 2009

Food is our friend

Let's start with a little Henry-Ellis comparison, because those are fun:

Henry
Ellis

It's fun to see them both at the same stage.  I think Ellis is starting to look more like Henry than before, but they still definitely each have their own look.  Henry sure was a chubby one!

Ellis has been loving his new life as a solids-eater.  I've been kind of slow to introduce each of the baby foods, mostly because I'm lazy.  What I didn't realize was how much he was going to LOVE the table food.  I should have started it a month ago!  Ellis has really been quite grumpy lately, and we were blaming it on teething for a long time.  When his two cute little bottom teeth cut, however, he didn't cheer up.  Our new discovery is that Gerber "Puffs" are the secret to his happiness.  We just have to keep giving them to him (one at a time because if he has two he'll get so excited that he'll drop both of them).  His happiness is living Puff to Puff right now.  Yummy!  Soon we will add other easy-to-gum solids (any ideas?).

I must say that the very best part about Ellis eating solid food is the re-introduction of that song "Millions of Peaches" into our home.  The song just jumped out of me while trying to convince Ellis to open his mouth for the peaches.  Since then, someone in our home has sung that song (or some variation of it) at least once every day for the last 3 weeks.  This has brought back many happy memories of the good old days as a really super cool (and not awkward at all) 8th grader.  I also have this really vague recollection of Tyler Squire doing an oral report about peaches and singing that song as part of the presentation.  Is anyone else lucky enough to share that memory with me?

If you enjoy watching clips of baby cuteness, here's a good one:



Ellis eats Puffs from Jenn and Ben on Vimeo.

3 comments:

Kohler said...

Jenn, I too think of Tyler Squire every time I hear/sing that song - good memories! And my kids really like the Gerber Wheels. I like them because they take them longer to eat than the Puffs.

Kati said...

That song reminds me of Bryon Conner and Sheldon Moon. They sang the song with drums and a guitar at an assembly at school, and I believe they threw orange McDonald's playland balls out to the audience.

Those puffs are amazing. My kids also liked eating peas by themselves. It's fun to watch them try to pick up the tiny things. I also like cutting string cheese and bananas into small pieces for them. Have fun with that cute baby.

tysqui said...

I'm not sure what to say... But yes, as a follow-up to my 7th grade report on cheese, I did a very nice (and extensive) report on peaches in 8th grade. I wonder if I can find it somewhere. :)