Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Twins for a day

We babysat Ellis' friend Bridger last week, and it was so fun to have twins (for a limited time, of course)!  They were so cute together, and it was fun to see how excited Ellis was to have a friend over who is almost the same age.  He was smiling and laughing the entire evening, which is really something because usually after 6pm, Ellis is done for the day.  

Bridger is a month younger than Ellis, but he taught him a few lessons about Tummy Time.  Ellis has never smiled during Tummy Time before, but ever since he saw Bridger doing it, he has started to actually enjoy it.  This child may crawl after all!
Bridger was only kind of amused by my peek-a-boo tricks.  I think he was a little scared of me.  We'll give him a few months!

Next up: twin 3-year-olds for a weekend!  Henry's friend Jack stayed with us last Friday - Sunday.  While a few things were harder with two kids (they did fight a bit when they both got tired), I found that most things were easier with the two of them.  They entertained each other for long periods so I actually got a few things done.  They also fed off each other when it was time for clean up, pajamas, and eating.  I almost thought Henry was going to start eating strawberries after he saw how much Jack liked them.  Jack asked, "Henry, do you like strawberries?" and Henry lied, "Yeah."  I kept quiet, watching to see if he would eat one.  Unfortunately, the peer pressure is not yet powerful enough for Henry.  He did eat a bite of a strawberry, but only with a wee bit of force-feeding and a lot of gagging "on the seeds."  Darn!

Unfortunately, I didn't get any good twin pictures of Henry and Jack.  I kept forgetting to get the camera out during the cute moments.  I finally pulled it out during Jammie Time, but I never got the shot because it took Henry like 5 minutes to get his PJ's on and then I lost my train of thought, as any mom of twins + 1 would.  Luckily, if you squint, you can see Henry in the background wearing only his undies.

2 comments:

Mary Pugh said...

Thank you so much for "adopting" Jack for a few days! He was in heaven, I hope you all have recovered from the craziness of THREE boys for three days! Thanks again!

Daija said...

Thanks for watching Bridger! I'm not sure what I am going to do when I have to leave him with someone other than you and Ben. I love those pictures. He and Ellis are so cute together! We definitely need to have a "play date" sometime.