[credit to Henry Iverson for the above photograph: "Book Pressing." Artist in training.]
I've been spending a lot of time over the last couple of months doing little bookbinding workshops with girls from my Relief Society. It's been a fun project for me, and I still get a thrill every time I hold one of the finished books in my hands. Ah, bookbinding! I don't know if I will ever tire of this art form.
This is my personal favorite. I absolutely had to make a book out of this paper when I saw it. What could possibly be cooler than having a family photo album that looks so much like our living room rug that it almost gets lost in it? One thing's for sure: when the book predators come, they won't be able to steal our family photos because they won't be able to find the album! I'm sneaky that way.
Did I mention that this paper is flocked, so the green parts have a fuzzy, velvety texture? It's pretty cool.
11 comments:
Oh Griff! Beautiful beautiful. You are such a good teacher. I am having 2 of my laurals over to make books in the next couple of weeks. I'm really excited about it. Any suggestions for the teaching of it to help it go smoothly? I have a lot to learn about teaching. Especially this.
And I really like Henry's picture.
I love the books! I wish I felt more comfortable about doing them on my own.
Jenny, those are so awesome! I wish I knew how to make those. Very cool!
I so wish we'd had you teach us when you lived in our area. They are beautiful!
so do you fancy a trip to England. I need to know how to do bookbinding. Mason LOVES books but after hours and hours of turning pages they are really starting to feel their age. :)
Jenni,
I would love to learn to do that. What do you suggest anything online?
Shanna (Priest) Wiscombe
pokienose@gmail.com
So beautiful! I wanted to take bookbinding at BYU, and it was ALWAYS full.
Wow that is a really cool talent, I wish you could teach me how to do that!
They are all gorgeous! I love all of them.
What a cool project! You are very talented. I haven't seen anyone do book-binding before. Anyway, it was great seeing you last night. Thanks for directing me to your blog. Your boys are darling. I can see you in them. If you want to check out my blog, go to doughertys.blogspot.com.
Post a Comment