Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Money Trading

Henry and Ellis love to get out their money boxes and count/play with their loot. Today I overheard what I thought was a suspicious scheme going on. Henry, who understands the value of money, was happily collecting the more valuable denominations from Ellis, who doesn't.


When I ran into the room to defend Ellis, he assured me that he knew what he was doing: "I shared my Abraham Lincoln to Henry!" I helped them to rearrange a few things, and everyone ended up happy. Henry got to keep the Abraham Lincoln ($5 bill), and Ellis got a whole stash of George Washingtons, Thomas Jeffersons, Franklin Roosevelts, and Abraham Lincolns that he can happily drop into the coin slot on his money box. It turned out to be totally fair, since Henry values a $5 bill for what it can buy, and Ellis values a few dollars worth of coins for the hours of amusement he will get from identifying, collecting, and counting the presidents. Works for me!

No comments: