(Jenn)
Grandma Lori, Grandpa Dave, Tanner, and most importantly . . . BRADY (!) came to visit last week. It was SO fun to see all of them -- but especially Brady after not seeing him for 2 years! He is just as hilarious, energetic, happy, and ridiculously good looking as ever! Here are some highlights from the trip:
Brady & Tanner on our New York Sightseeing bus tour. As you can tell, they had the time of their lives. It was a rainy day, but lots of fun! Thank goodness the double-decker busses were covered.
The boys walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. We were glad we took the walk . . . even in the rain. Brady loved it!
At Hard Rock Café before going to The Little Mermaid on Broadway. Somehow we missed taking pictures at the theater :( But the show was spectacular and much better than I expected. I was nearly in tears at least eight times throughout the show. All of the voices were amazing; the kid that played Flounder was really incredible.
The fam in front of the Statue of Liberty. Henry LOVES going to the statue, so we drug everyone along. I think they all enjoyed it though. It was a relaxing day, and it's always fun to hear a two-year-old yelling "Statue Wibety!" over 300 times in a row.
Before his mission, Brady never seemed too interested in Henry (hey, I've never been too interested in newborns either). But he spent a lot more time playing with Henry on this trip, and I think the two of them really bonded. Of course, Henry and Tanner have already been good friends. Henry worships both of his uncles!
Dad, Mom, Tanner, and Brady with the life-size model of Lady Liberty's head.
When I told Henry that Grandma and Grandpa were coming, I asked him what we should do. "Go bowling?" he said. Then he got it stuck in his head that we should go bowling. So that's what we did on Friday morning when we were feeling too lazy to do anything "big." I think everyone had fun. Henry got to invite his friend Evan, so my family got to meet Jess and Evan. Brady wore the very stylish "comfort quilt vest" that Kati made for his birthday. It's a classic. I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of it!
Niagara Falls! We went to Palmyra, NY from Friday night through Sunday. Saturday was the day for Niagara. It was my first time, and I thought it was stunning! It was freezing cold, but really beautiful in the winter. I'm definitely glad we made the 2 hour drive.
My grandparents took their honeymoon trip to Niagara Falls. Can you believe it? Just a little boy and girl (my grandma was 16) from Trenton, Utah. What an amazing trip that must have been! Here, me and Ben, the modern love birds, pose in the same stellar spot.
This is the Skylon Tower where we went for dinner. We took that little yellow elevator (it had glass doors) to the top and ate in the revolving dining room. It was pretty posh. Too bad Ben had the flu and spent the whole meal with his head on the table (and even more too bad that they still held him to the minumum charge of $40 a plate!). Let's just say my parents were in a "we're never going to get this chance again" mood. Poor Ben!
Mom and Dad at dinner next to the windows. It was a pretty spectacular view.
The Sacred Grove in winter! We have now officially been there in each of the four seasons. Winter wasn't the most beautiful, but it definitely had its charm. For a few moments, I could feel how serene it gets there in the winter, probably more than any other time of the year. But that was only for a few seconds in between Henry's enthusiastic snow tromping and yelling, "I'm in the Sacred Grove! Jesus is coming again!" Everything in life is different with a 2-year-old. :)
So Monday morning, we took the 5 hour drive back to New Jersey, and then we had an hour before they had to leave for the airport. I feel bad for Tanner because it was his birthday that day. He spent 5 hours in the car and 5 hours on a plane, and then he still had to do his homework from the whole week that night. We love you, Tan! Happy sweet 16 anyway -- I'm sure you will have many better birthdays to come!
8 comments:
How fun to have family come visit. I loved being back east with such cool sight-seeing so accessible. You'll have to let us know where the next school chapter takes you!
That is great you were able to see your family and enjoy some good times with them. We also love the east coast! Carter loved the Statue of Liberty pictures, he wants us to go to the big city and see her soon. :)
So glad you were able to have some family visit.
I'm glad to see Grandpa Dave has his sweet mustache back. I haven't seen that for a while. Or maybe I haven't seen him in a while...
Looks like a fun trip!
Jenn -
That is so great that your family was able to come out. Brady looks so cute and all grown up. I went to Niagara Falls for the first time in September and it is incredible. It is much more fascinating when you see it in person rather then in photographs.
Jill
I'm still so jealous that everyone came to visit without me. It sounds like a great week, and I'm glad to hear the quilted jersey worked out well. I don't have a picture of it yet, either.
Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time. I love the Niagra Falls pictures. I also can't believe that Tanner is taller then Brady. I am so glad that your family came and saw you. It is fun having family visti.
Your time with your family looks wonderful and you did so many fun things! Your family looks great! It makes me excited for our trip to Utah for Carrie's wedding in 12 days! Isn't family the best?
I love Henry's sacred grove comment. Looks like you had a blast. It's great when family visits.
Post a Comment