Monday, February 11, 2008

Goodbye and Hello


(Jenn)
Probably one of the most devastating things EVER happened last weekend. Brittany decided to move to Utah! She has been the one I have bragged about, referring to her as "my friend that lives in the city," "my friend that lives on the Upper West Side," and "Henry's Nanny Brittany, who babysits for us when we go to the temple because she lives RIGHT BY the temple." And now she's gone! And we never actually did drop Henry off at her apartment on our way to the temple (she did babysit for us once when we went, but she came to our house). The plan was to go to the temple last Saturday for our last chance to use Brittany as a babysitter, but as our luck would have it, the temple was closed for cleaning (that seems to always happen to us).

Anyway, we will miss Brittany terribly, and not just for her babysitting promises! We have thoroughly enjoyed having such a good friend living so nearby. She would frequently call and say, "Can I come over today?" and then came and spent the day with us! It felt like old times in Provo when all of our friends lived within 5 minutes of us.

And I guess I can't complain too much either, because I helped convinced Brittany that she should move to Utah (it's all in the name of figuring out her relationship with Swain -- it's nearly impossible to have a relationship go anywhere when you live on opposite sides of the country). So there she goes. I'm sure she'll still call me, right? Oh wait, that's what I thought about Shug. People who are in love pretty much don't care about me anymore! Ah, well. I'm happy for them.


So we said our goodbyes to Brittany (and Swain) and jaunted to the city to meet up with Kristen, my good friend from the London days. She was in NYC for a big writer's conference (she's writing poetry at Notre Dame), and I really wanted to meet up with her! We had a lovely dinner at Alice's Teacup and had a great time catching up and walking through the city. She's an amazing girl -- gorgeous, talented, and lots of fun! She's probably the one who encouraged me the most in London to do EVERYTHING and spend all my money. Smart girl. It was great to see her again!

No comments: