Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!


(Jenn)

In case you forgot, today is my birthday! Don't worry -- you still have time to send those last minute iTunes or Amazon gift cards :) No really, I just like to spread the joy of my birthday to as many people as possible. None of that "Let's see how many people really love me and remembered my birthday without being reminded!" Nope. Not for me! Everyone -- I'm 26 today! I'm officially in my "late 20's" -- it feels like a much more drastic change than 25! I feel so old and so mature. I think I will go buy some jewelry today. I never wear jewelry, but I think 26 is a good time to start! My grandma sent $20 in the mail (thanks Grandma!), and I've been pondering all weekend on what I should do with it. My major gift from Ben and both of our moms is going to be a wheat grinder. I'm excited about the wheat grinder, don't get me wrong. I've been wanting one for a while, and I'll definitely use it. But come on -- that could be $200 worth of other stuff! So I have $20 . . . and what will I get? A book? A CD? That's so 23. I'm buying earrings and bracelets. It's official.

9 comments:

E n D said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRIFF!!! I still remember the rockin' birthday party you had in 315 with homemade salsa and cotton candy and cookies! Good times. I hope you have a fabulous birthday!

Maile said...

Happy birthday, Jenn! For your birthday, I have tagged you!! You can go to my blog for details if you want to participate. I just hit 26 myself a few months ago - it's definitely not as scary as I thought it would be. Maybe I should start wearing jewelry more, as well. =)

Mel said...

Happy Birthday, Jenn! Remember when it was your birthday at SFMS and my class surprised you out on the lawn with letters spelling out Happy Birthday- or was that your class doing that on my bday? I can't remember. You should definitely treat yourself to some jewelry. That's what makes all my drab clothes look halfway decent.

L said...

Happy Birthday Jenn! I hope you have a great day. A wheat grinder was our whole Christmas one year and I have not regretted it. Here's to being responsible! I am glad you are being extravagant with your $20!

Tenille said...

I hope you have a spectacular birthday! I'm glad you're spending your birthday money on something you'll love . . . I put mine in savings.

Shaun - Jillian said...

Happy Birthday Jenn!! I knew your Birthday was coming up but I couldn't remember the exact day. I think our whole circles' birthdays are this month. Hope you had a great day!

Katie said...

And this is why we love Jenn--shameless plugs for lots of good wishes and gifts! Hope you had a wonderful day and enjoyed the gift that I THOUGHT IN ADVANCE to send. :) I get bonus points this year!

Mal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRIFF!! I love you so much! And it feels a little odd to be sending my birthday wishes via blog comment, but..if that's what it takes, then so be it. We're just so darn savvy. Say hello to your family for me, I'm sure you'll all have a blast together! PS Henry is getting so big!

Reno 411 said...

Happy Birthday cute lil cuz! Have a great time with your mom while she is in town. We had a blast in LA at Wicked but wish you could've been there.