Henry and Ellis had a great time staying with cousins while Ben and I were in the UK. Katie and Kara were SO amazing to keep the boys for 11 days! We are forever indebted to them.
After we returned to the US, we stayed at Katie's house for a few extra days and relaxed and partied. One of the highlights was seeing a pairing I had never expected: Henry and 8-year-old Megan. I always expect to see Henry playing with the little boys who are closer to his age, but the more we watched him and Megan together, the more we knew that they are kindred spirits. Just look at the "Museum" they created one afternoon:
Museum of Natural History of Utah entrance sign
Here are some of the exhibits - dinosaurs, skeletons, and cars made out of legos. Megan made descriptions of each exhibit on post-it notes.
Here are the two proud curators!
"Empoleys Only!"
I think Henry felt that he had died and gone to Heaven. He always tries to do things like this at home but doesn't quite have the capacity to pull off all the details. Sometimes he can talk me into helping him, but not nearly as often as he would wish (like, every half hour). To his delight, Megan not only agreed to help him achieve his dream, but she did it happily! From what I hear, she comes up with almost as many clever schemes herself, and wouldn't rather do anything than flaunt her creative powers.
Can we have Megan come and live at our house?

2 comments:
I'm so glad you have those pictures since I didn't get any! She's a gem, and we'll put her and Henry to work on creative activities when we come visit in July. I'm excited to have her home from school to help entertain Evan--she's amazing with younger children!
I had never thought of how much these two are obsessed with the same creative passions, but I've seen them both in action in their own homes and putting them together is the perfect recipe for great fun. Now what will they come up with in the days they're together in July?
Post a Comment