Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New Obsession

Let me introduce you to my latest downfall, the out-of-this-world dessert we're calling "Grand Slam-ekins." It's a really good thing we ran out of cookie dough last week after having these seven nights in a row. Do try them. But first, you're going to need . . .

Ramekins! The crème brulée dishes Ben got me ($12.99 for six at Amazon) for Mother's Day. I'm finding many uses for them, but this is definitely the best.

Start with cookie dough. I made a bunch of Dad's chocolate chip recipe (minus the chips) and froze it).

Get a reasonable portion of dough, and spray the ramekins with cooking spray.

We like to do a mix-and-match method for mix-ins. The options here are caramel bits, white chocolate chips, pecans, Reese's Pieces, and butterscotch chips. Really, the possibilities are endless.

Mix 'em in!

Press into ramekins. Add some more mix-ins, purely for identification purposes.

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.

After cookie cools slightly but is still nice and warm, top with your choice of ice cream and toppings (we did vanilla and melted peanut butter), and prepare to have your socks knocked off.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kara said...

I'm trying to lose weight! Why are you tempting me with such a yummy idea? :-) Looks delicious. Maybe we can try them when we're there in a few weeks.

David and Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David and Amy said...

This is such a clever and delicious treat! Thanks for sharing some with Dave and me the other night, it was divine!

Ned and Linda said...

And you're planning to keep the weight you've lost off? They look delicious and I know I would love them! I found Mangum ice cream bars (many varieties) at Morrisons and they are my new latest Scotland indulgence! Don't know if they just stocked them or if they were hidden somewhere while you were here, but they are SO good. My favorite ice cream bar and I always think of our Israel trip when I eat one since that's where I first tasted them. We need to pressure someone to get these shipped to the US! I'll wait until I get home to try your "new obsession" when I'm not trying to spend time all my time doing missionary work. I'll try them at your house next spring!

JoandDoug said...

I'm pretty sure that my life has been changed forever! Thanks so much for sharing this. Delicious and our kids had so much fun making their own. It's good to have an excuse to have frozen cookie dough in the freezer. Doug says we need to make them every night. Thanks again!

The Sorensens said...

Living testimony. Socks definitely knocked right off.

Dan-o said...

Autumn was certain that a toaster oven was a necessity when we got married (the only people I know with a toaster oven are my grandparents), but it has come in handy for these babies! We use it when it's hot outside; it heats up quickly and doesn't get the house so dang hot! Very yummy indeed. I've always heard them call pizookies (pizza-cookie). Yum yum! I like the Reese's idea. Sounds like a nice twist.

Brittany said...

Should definitely not have read this post on fast Sunday.