
After London, we took a train and headed to York. We wanted to stop somewhere in Northern England, and York seemed to be the perfect in between point. We stayed in a lovely bed & breakfast (The Bronte House). It was nice to have a day to relax after some pretty intense touring in London.

York is a beautiful city, the center of which is enclosed by Medieval walls. Here I am standing outside the walls.

And then walking along the edge of the walls, which offers a nice view of the city and the River Ouse.

We took a "Ghost Hunt" tour, which was pretty fun, but not as historical as we were expecting it to be. Mostly it was just funny. This guy picked on me as the girl he would flirt with in a slightly creepy way throughout the tour. Don't worry, Brittany; Ben was close by with his ax, just in case.

York turns out to be a lovely place just to wander around . . .

. . . and shop. Ben allowed me the pleasure of shopping somewhat aimlessly on Thursday morning. Halfway through the morning, I figured out the mission of our shopping trip -- to find the perfect Wellies for me. Mission accomplished! And we managed to buy a few more keepsakes along the way.

I couldn't be more excited about this find! The boys got other souvenirs, so they are okay with this one being just for a decoration. If you go
here, you will realize why this will look perfect sitting on the bookshelf in their bedroom.

Wellies! The other perfect souvenir from England. I am giddy about these!!!

York Minster. An incredible church with amazing stained glass and lots of great history (all of the details which I have probably forgotten, unfortunately. If you have questions, ask Ben; he remembers everything).

We had a grand tour of the inside of the Minster.
We finished off our trip to York with some absolutely delicious Cornish Pasties, which are basically meat and potato hand pies (pasty, unfortunately, rhymes with nasty, not tasty; I just found that out after returning home. Darn!). Still, a great way to end our little detour in York.
6 comments:
That is such a cute town. Your pictures remind me of the German towns we toured. I loved them so I'm sure I'd love York.
I want to make up a food and call it a nasty. That's rad!
I love your Wellies! Way cute. Totally fit you. If I saw them in a store, I would think to myself," I can see Jenn wearing those." I want some. Looks like you had fun!
What a fabulous trip! I love York. (Study Abroad spring 2001 :). And those wellies are adorable.
What a fun trip, and what great wellies you found! You look really cute with glasses!
I love Henry's grand ideas. That kid cracks me up!
What fun souvenirs! We've been eye-ing 'wellies' as well . . yours are way cute!!
Glad you tried some pasties! I thought they were quite good as well, although the kids didn't care for them.
Post a Comment