I am serving in the Primary presidency in our ward right now (translation: working with the children of our church congregation). It's a fun calling that I'm really loving! I'm beginning to wonder lately if my official title should be changed from "Primary first counselor" to "Primary graphic designer." I've really enjoy pulling my rusty old Corel Draw skills out of my 1996 pocket and putting them to some use! Luckily, there is now a nearly identical freeware program called Inkscape that is much more up to date. Heaven forbid I should have to actually learn a new program! [is that how you use the phrase "heaven forbid?"]
So. Long story short. We had a fabulous quarterly activity themed "Scripture Power," focusing on how the kids can get power from learning about the scriptures. They received super hero capes with the scripture power logo on them. Then they went to stations, where they learned scripture stories and did some high-energy activities. At each station, they earned an iron-on emblem for their capes. It was super cute to see them all in their capes. Here is Henry in his.
AND let's not forget the big news. I created (half traced, half created) my first clipart! It can be found here at none other than Sugardoodle.net. Perhaps someday you can find the entire activity idea there. Who really gets around to sharing their activity ideas with others?
3 comments:
Very cool cape. I'm sure the kids will remember that for a LONG time! One activity the Pat. 2 kids kept talking about was one where we gave them all construction hats . . so I'm sure having a cape went a lot further than those hats :) Great ideas!
I love sugardoodle.net, I use it for every lesson I teach in YW! That primary activity sounds awesome, Henry's cape is so fun!
Heaven forbid you using phrases that you don't know how to use correctly. You're an English major Jenn, you shouldn't have to ask any of us how to spake good English.
Post a Comment