
The Joy School lesson plan for "Spontaneous Delight" landed on me, and I am so glad it did! As mentioned in my previous post about playing with kids, I need a little help remembering that real fun doesn't necessarily have to be planned. In fact, some of the most fun experiences come from spontaneity. This is a 4-year-old's area of expertise, so I learned a lot from these kids! I provided the shaving foam, uncovered popcorn popper, giant cardboard box, balloons, and the Honeybee Hop, and the kids did the rest! I always hoped as a child that when I became a grown-up, I wouldn't lose my imagination. Hmmm . . . I'm afraid I have lost a lot of it. Good thing I am surrounded by people who are experts at getting your imagination back! It was a fun week.
So . . . when was the last time you . . .
- did something totally spontaneous?
- made a big mess just for fun and didn't worry about the aftermath?
- made up silly new words to a song?
- giggled uncontrollably?
Give it a shot this week!
Thank Heaven for kids!
1 comment:
We gave an elder we had over for supper last week an egg with the intention of testing the widely held belief that due to the perfect shape of an egg, it cannot be squeezed broken. Everyone decided to ignore my advice that it only worked if you squeeze in a certain direction. So there we were, having supper, we gave him a bowl to squeeze it over...just in case. Well, as he applied pressure, egg shot out like a cannon from both ends of the egg, landing on 2 opposite walls. That counts for making the mess and laughing uncontrollably. Good times with the missionaries.
Post a Comment